Now that I'm "disabled" I have "free" time. An appalling amount of it is spent on medical necessities, but outside of that, the days get long. I wasn't prepared for this freedom. This is MY time now. Suddenly I have time to do all those things, whatever they were, that I always wanted to do. What were those dreams deferred? What new life do I build with the time I have now? Will I fill it with trivia and chores and "I don't have the energy" and "I'm embarrassed to out in public with side effect X, or Y, or Z?
End times, like beginning times, are delicate things, fragile yet inexorable. It's a cliche, but end times can focus the mind. Or at least I hope they do. I've fulfilled my "mission if life", so maybe now it's time for all that fun I deferred for "more worthy" tasks.
Now time is a gift...
- for fun times
- for people times
- for renewed dreams
I don't have to please anyone else, impress anyone, answer to anyone. I'm no longer on 7x24 call. I'm not leaving responsibilities undone. So, what Do you do with freedom, with time?
Can I pot more, visit friends, finally de-clutter the house, check out new cuisines, learn Californian gardening, learn to sail on the ocean, lie in that hammock that's been reproaching me from its stand?
What can I do with this found time?
Let's find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment