Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Getting Diagnosed

I was at work. My company had been bought out 2 weeks before, and my job was at risk. Further, we were swamped at work. My cell rang, and, seeing it was my ENT, I left the conference room to find out my biopsy results. I was hoping that ll those "hmms" and "uh oh" noises he made during the exam were wrong. I waqs already exhausted from the workload and scared for my job, and didn't need an additional problems.

The doctor told me the biopsy was positive, but the cancer was small. Probably surgery and radiation would be prescribed. he'd schedule me with an oncologist/surgeon. It felt like another body blow...one of many in the last 10 years. I kept soldiering on, but how long could I do this?

I went back to the conference room, packed away my panic, and resumed leading the meeting. I have no idea what the meeting was about.

Another major life change was about to hit me, will he nill he.

No comments: