Well, I've been here a year.
I survived the broken collar bone
I survived my Ex's brain injury and related business and family craziness.
I managed to obtain individual health insurance, despite the best efforts of the insurance and medical establishment to not treat me. And only $650/month, such a deal!
I survived the October fires, and my lungs recovered
I made it through my first Chorus concert, even if I was medicated to the eyeballs and basically deaf.
I got my car smashed up, dealt with the aftermath, and got it fixed
My insurance company, finally, this week, agreed that I'd sold the Chicago home last year and refunded the premium they mistakenly deducted.
Oh, and the dog died.
You just gotta laugh. This is as much drama as a daytime soap opera. Any time now I expect to discover that my long lost brother (that I never knew about) has had a sex change operation while in prison in Mexico and now wants to marry me. Hey, this is Hollywood territory.
Goals for the next year:
1. Get some income
2. Get a place to live
3. Get some friends
4. Get healthy...fewer respiratory infections, more activity, less depression.
5. Get a boyfriend.
So, no big plans. :)
Seriously never expected it to take this long and still not be at all settled. I am starting to make inroads with people met through the Chorus. And my volunteer work is going well and appreciated. I'm just running out of steam, between the years dealing with my Ex and then the breakup, and then this year. I need some fun times, and a good healthy dose of redecorating something. I can't even shop for tchotchkes...I have so many in storage, there will be more coming when the parents move to a senior facility, and I don't have any place to put the tchotchkes anyway.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment